Monday, June 17, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Old Faithful

Happy Marvelous Monday! I'm pretty tired today after our quick trip to Florida this weekend, but it was so worth it to see my sweet friend get married.

If you're new to the blog, here's the idea behind Marvelous Monday:
"Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!"

There are currently 5 of us participating in the challenges, so make sure to check out the other ladies' looks! I've posted links at the bottom of this entry for your perusal.

This week the theme was "old faithful." This was an easy one! We were supposed to select a piece that we can always grab from our closet because we know it's comfy, cute, and versatile. I chose this chiffon houndstooth blouse. I seriously wear this thing at least once a week to work. It's light and comfy, and I love the very slight puffed sleeves and mandarin collar.





chiffon houndstooth blouse, lys by kmart. zipper ankle khakis, old navy. black flats, ross. mint tank (underneath), kmart.





Don't forget to check out these lovely ladies!

Cheri at Cheri'z Angel and Style Luvin
Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out, Buy Milk

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Houndstooth is such a great print, and I always forget that.
    I'm also experiencing major hair envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got a really bad haircut and had to have it fixed last week, and I lost like 3 inches of hair which I am still mourning. O:

      Delete
  2. Cute blouse! I love houndstooth print. In fact, I have a similar top, and it's one of my favorite pieces too!

    Cassie
    Http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful top. I just like the outfit all around though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous top, I love houndstooth print and that would go with anything. I agree with Sarah your hair is enviably beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete