Friday, November 14, 2014

Alternative Curves: Leader of the Pack

This is my first post as part of the Alternative Curves group, and I'm so excited! The theme this month is "Leader of the Pack," which I had a little trouble coming up with something for. Eventually I went with this look, which I think is kind of like 80s girl meets the Artful Dodger (yay Dickens!). I don't know how true to the theme that is, but hey! That's where my brain went.







I love that there is now a group for alternative style plus-size chicks. I don't consider myself to be exactly tough or hard or edgy, but I definitely think my style isn't exactly mainsteam. I gravitate toward things that are funky and fun, and I think that qualifies!







I got this dress for a steal at Old Navy while they were having a BOGO 50% off sale. It was a web exclusive that I guess someone had returned in store. Score for me!







I also have to tell you guys that I'm having a hard time writing this because my kitten, Aengus, wants to play fetch and he doesn't care that I'm writing. He has this little stuffed goldfish that he carries up onto the couch, drops next to me, and squeaks and meow-barks until I throw it. Which of course means he's gone exactly seven seconds before he comes trotting back with the thing, ready to go again. So I guess I'm not much of a pack leader, because I can't even handle my cats, haha!





If any of you are reading my blog for the first time from our blog hop, welcome! Please let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!

triangle print jacket, f21+. long sleeve dress, old navy. teal felt hat and earrings, thrifted. heeled booties, ebay.

6 comments:

  1. I love your lipstick colour, and that hat is pretty amazing!! <3 great interpretation of the theme :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit and your inspiration! That jacket, those shoes, perfection! :)

    I've always classed you as having a more alternative fashion sense, you don't have to be all out goth punk to be alt! I think you'll fit in nicely in the alt curve blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sian! Yes, I think it's a good fit, I'm looking forward to future posts. Glad we're working together again! ;D

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! This is such a cute look, I really love your style and you totally fit right in to the group :) your hair suits you to perfection, and zomg your kitty sounds so adorable!! My cat is a huge time stealer as well <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I loooove cats. I have a second one named Eimear, she's a Maine Coon fluffball.

      Delete