Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nerd It Up: Game of Thrones


Hello lovelies! Welcome to Nerd It Up! This is a new feature on the blog where I put together plus-size looks inspired by nerd culture. This week the inspiration comes from Game of Thrones!

If you haven't been watching this show, you should definitely check it out. It's based on a series of books by George R R Martin. I haven't read the books but I thrived solely on medieval fantasy novels for the greater part of my adolescence, so to see that world treated with such dignity and artisanship is a big thrill. Not to mention the fur, the feuding, the families, and the sexploits. Game of Thrones for the win!





1. Roaring Animal Leggings
2. Standout Slub Knit Tee
3. Double Stone ID Bracelets
4. Stark Siblings Tote
5. Pointed Metal Accent Loafers




6. Kaleidoscope Maxi Dress
7. Faux Leather Lion Belt
8. Caged Strappy Wedges
9. Chain Lion Necklace




10. Black and White Jaquard Dress
11. "Fire and Blood" Pin
12. Chunky Metal Waist Belt
13. Dragon Bracelet
14. Burgundy Cutout Flats


6 comments:

  1. Now I want all of the things. Especially those roaring animals leggings and the dragon bracelet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right?! That's one hazard of this feature-- I drool over everything I collect for it.

      Delete
  2. I feel so lame for not watching the show, but alas, I don't get that channel and it's not on Netflix. One of these days, I'll hunt it down!
    I love the lion belt and the red dress! And I'm definitely digging the fire and blood pin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out! It's mega good. I've heard the books are exceptional as well, but I haven't read them personally.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that bag would be even cooler if it had the names of the peeps that Arya wants dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I totally agree! What a great idea!

      Delete