Monday, August 12, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Lace

Happy Marvelous Monday! I was super frustrated trying to take pictures of this outfit, let me tell you! When I got home from work it was overcast and sweltering hot-- but it soon started raining, and the sun peeked out at the same time. Needless to say the lighting was totally weird. But I think these turned out okay. At least passable. ;)

If you're new to the blog, here's the idea behind Marvelous Monday:
"Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!"

There are currently 5 of us participating in the challenges, so make sure to check out the other ladies' looks! I've posted links at the bottom of this entry for your perusal.

This week the theme was "lace." It's no secret that I have an intense love affair with the stuff. I love lace yoked tops, lace accents-- all of it! Something about it is just so light and feminine to me. This is actually the dress I wore for our wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.





lace dress, ross. cropped denim jacket, lane bryant outlet. southwestern sandals, target.





Don't forget to check out these lovely ladies!

Cheri at Cheri'z Angel and Style Luvin
Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out, Buy Milk

4 comments:

  1. Lovely dress! I adore lace too :)
    http://aforestfullofsongbirds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty dress, I think lace is so pretty and feminine too! I really like your sandals that your wearing with your dress too, very cute!

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty! And I love it paired with that jacket.
    This look is too lovely! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! I love lace too, and the sandals and denim jacket are such great touches with the dress.

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete