Monday, March 9, 2015

Grandpa Green and Pale Pink

Hey there, kids! I'm trying to grow out my pixie cut, and it is officially driving me CRAZY. And it's only been three months! I'm not sure I'm going to make it, haha! I'm heading out west again this Summer (yay!) and I'm dreading dealing with awkward hair in the blazing Nevada heat. But I've told myself I will trek on, at least until right before my trip, and see how far I can get. I don't want it to be super long again-- I'm thinking bob length.







Happily my husband's work seems to be giving him back some of his hours, so that's taken a ton of stress from the both of us. Things are still tight financially, but we're scraping by. Phew!







I found this sweater at a thrift store ages ago, and I've been waiting for the perfect temperature to wear it. It's pretty warm, but not warm enough for crazy freezing temps. Luckily the perfect day presented itself, and voila! Textured grandpa sweater was victorious.







I paired it with these pale pink skinnies that have a metallic gold fleck on them, but that really didn't come across in any of these photos. Shucks! You'll just have to take my word for it. I'm pretty pale so I'm always a little hesitant to reach for such a pastel color. But I think it works here, paired with the saturated green knit.







That's all for now! I'm still working on getting some finished embroidery pieces up for sale. Stay tuned! Follow me on tumblr or instagram if you are interested in seeing progress pictures. :)

textured sweater, thrifted. pale pink skinnies, target (old). wedge booties, kmart. peter pan necklace, f21. opal studs, antique shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment