Monday, March 4, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Faux Leather

Hi loves! I'm excited to let you guys know that I'm participating in a fatshion challenge with three other fabulous ladies.

Here's the idea: "Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!"

This week's theme for the challenge was Faux Leather! I've actually had this skirt in my closet for quite a while but had never worn it before today. As much as I love pleather, I had absolutely no idea how to style this. Part of the problem is that I gravitate toward things that have pleather details, rather than garments made entirely of the stuff. But I think it turned out alright!

Make sure you see what the other girls have done with the challenge this week! I've linked to their blogs at the bottom of the entry.





floral button-up, thrifted. faux leather skirt, lys by kmart. giant bow belt, torrid. nude fishnets, lane bryant. nude flats, old navy.





Cheri at Cheri'z Angel and Style Luvin
Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sian at Sort Life Out, Buy Milk

7 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! For having no idea, you came up with a pretty fantastic look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooove that skirt! I think you did a fantastic job especially seeing as you said you had a hard time styling this one. I also had no idea they made nude fishnets, they look really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love these tights, they go with everything, which helps a lot when it's not quite warm enough to go bare legged.

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet look.
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on faux leather, that skirt is super rad! And I kinda want to steal your belt. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't wear that belt nearly enough, haha. It mostly sits in my closet!

      Delete