Saturday, March 30, 2013

Striped Shirtdress

Hi lovelies! Sorry I've been a bit MIA, my fabulous cousin has been visiting me and we've kept pretty busy. Some of that time we've spent doing our favorite thing-- shopping! I picked up a few of these dresses in different patterns and colors. They all fit amazingly but for some reason were gaping a bit at the bust. I put a few stitches on the inside and it seems to have done the trick. Woohoo!





striped dress, ross. crochet tights, lys by kmart. red wedges, shoeocean.com. opal earrings, antique.





10 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I love the way you've styled this dress, the red shoes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Are you back from your trip already?

      Delete
  2. Those tights are beyond perfect! Love that you paired them with this dress, you look fab. It kinda transformed the dress, which with the monochrome and hardware could look quite edgy/hard (as much as a dress can anyway!) into a more girly, flirty look. I'm falling in love with pieces that can transform between the extremes at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that dress! You may have ignited a new love for shirtdresses. I love how you coupled it with the red heels, too!
    Anyway, I have that problem all the time—it fits perfectly everywhere, BUT it gapes in the bust. I'm just too impatient to actually take anything in, so woe is me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that frustrating?! I couldn't even explain why it was gaping-- it wasn't tight or anything. I just stitched the button placket shut until about halfway and that seemed to sort it out. Anywho, thanks love! <3

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit and the tights are amazing! I have the same problem with some of my dresses and I never thought to stitch it on the side, I think i'm going to try that on my dresses. :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try! I have pretty much zero sewing skills and it was a pretty painless operation. And the payoff was great, imo!

      Delete