Monday, March 25, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Pencil Skirts

Hi loves! Happy Marvelous Monday! This week's challenge was "pencil skirts." This was really tough for me as I don't really care for them. (If you're a huge pencil skirt fan, sorry! They're just not for me!)

If you're new to the blog, here's the idea behind Marvelous Monday:
"Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!"

There are currently 5 of us participating in the challenges, so make sure to check out the other ladies' looks! I've posted links at the bottom of this entry for your perusal.

Still, I did have this thrift find waiting in my closet for a reason to try it out! :D What do you think?





circle scarf, target. chambray button-up, thrifted. belt, dots. chunky knit pencil skirt, thrifted. stud earrings, f21. nude flats, old navy.





Don't forget to check out these lovely ladies!

Cheri at Cheri'z Angel and Style Luvin
Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out, Buy Milk

9 comments:

  1. You look cute, I really like the pattern of the skirt. I'm not a huge pencil skirt fan either-well I am not a huge fan of them on myself, I like them on other people though! They never look quite the way I want to on me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel! They're just not really my style. But I think other people who wear them look perfectly cute. :)

      Delete
  2. That's such a cool skirt!
    I'm lame and don't have one. I've yet to find on that I like. Sometimes, I don't even care what I put on, but sometimes I'm just way too picky. Hm.
    Either way, this is a great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, haha!! I do the exact same thing. Thanks girlie! <3

      Delete
  3. Hey I just started following your blog because I was checking out the other people that do the marvelous Monday thing because i think its a great concept. Your outfit looks great, i like how you paired the chambray top with the pencil skirt. :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks!! I love hearing that! Hope you keep checking back! <3

      Delete
  4. I was sure I commented here! I must be losing my mind.

    I think you really pulled off the pencil skirt look! I love the chambray top you paired it with and I adore the pop of colour with the scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had this skirt for a while but I could never figure out how to style it.

      Delete
  5. I really like the print on the skirt! You look great :) I just got back from my trip, and I'm loving catching up on all these fabulous Marvelous Monday outfits!

    ReplyDelete