Monday, June 16, 2014

Drama! And Looking Forward

If you haven't heard already, I recently decided to leave my traditional desk job. This is a HUGE deal for me! I started working at my desk job only four months after graduating from college in 2010, and while I did truly enjoy working there, I just felt like it was time to explore my creativity and try to make a career from whatever blossoms. Pretty soon I'm going to be adding a boutique to the blog (which I hope you guys will consider purchasing from!). Once that's up I would love any and all feedback you guys have! I'm going to be adding a variety of gently used pieces starting at size 12 and going up from there. I'm feeling very optimistic and hopeful about this change, and I can't even describe how excited I am!!

In any case, to celebrate my newfound freedom, I was feeling a pretty dramatic look was in order. I would definitely NOT consider this outfit office-appropriate-- and that was totally the point! I went for drama, drama, drama. I did a super bold black cat eye, a shimmery peach lip, and made my hair fun and funky! I've worn this dress on the blog before, but this time I buttoned the collar all the way up to show off the cute metallic detailing. What do you guys think? Do I look self-employed or what?! :)









kaleidoscope dress, ross. beige platform heels, jessica simpson c/o kohls. fox ring, torrid. earrings, thrifted.













4 comments:

  1. good luck on the boutique!! i can't wait to see everything once you get it up and going (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to make an announcement when everything's good to go.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on the new business venture, love the dress too.

    ReplyDelete