Monday, October 20, 2014

Another Year, Another Hairstyle

WELL, it has been a bit since my last post! I'm really getting into the swing of things with my boutique, and it's definitely demanding on my time. Part of the difficulty is figuring out what works and what just doesn't. But that's part of the fun, too! I'm learning and growing and moving forward, and it's really an exciting time in my life.





On October 6th, I turned 27! As a kid I never even thought about what my life would be like by that age, but I have to say that it's better than anything I ever dreamed about. I love that we're in a place where I can now work from home and be my own boss. I feel more confident and beautiful than I ever did as a younger woman. I see my 30s on the horizon, and I can honestly say that I'm just feeling positive and hopeful that this will be the happiest season of my life so far.





As you can see, my hair is DARK! I love it so much... it was a birthday gift to myself on the 6th, haha. My amazing hairstylist Jodi mixed a custom color for me. It's dark chocolately brown with violet mixed in there. When I'm in more natural light the purple really shines. I think I'm going to keep this color a lot longer than the last. I'm really enjoying playing with different color palettes now that I'm not a redhead.





Oh, and I almost forgot! I got new glasses, too! I love them, they're giant. I have a little cartoon cat version of myself that I've drawn since my early teens, and she wears glasses just like these. So I had full on nerd out when I got them in the mail.







Here's to another year! I hope it's the best one yet, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you guys!





peter pan collar dress, thrifted (target). red wedges, shoeocean.com. green studs, gift from my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment