Monday, April 8, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Maxi

Hello, my lovelies! Happy Marvelous Monday! This week's theme was "maxi." It could be either a skirt or dress.

If you're new to the blog, here's the idea behind Marvelous Monday:
"Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!"

There are currently 5 of us participating in the challenges, so make sure to check out the other ladies' looks! I've posted links at the bottom of this entry for your perusal.

I was not in the greatest of moods when I finally was able to snap these photos, and unfortunately it rather shows on my face, haha! I locked myself outside for a bit and it was just the thing that tipped the ice berg as far as bad days go. But I'm okay now! I put my feet up and put some music on and everything is looking up.





maxi skirt and belt, f21+. triangle stud earrings, target. crochet yoke top, marshalls. sandals, kmart.





Don't forget to check out these lovely ladies!

Cheri at Cheri'z Angel and Style Luvin
Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out, Buy Milk

11 comments:

  1. I hope your having a much better day! But you look great in that maxi skirt and that is the same skirt I was thinking of getting at F21+ but its really long on me but it looks great on you. :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ordinarily maxis are not my thing, but I loved the split in this one. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit, it's so subtly sexy with the high thigh slit and the crochet at the top of the shirt is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day! But it it's any consolation, you look pretty great here! The lacy yoke detail of your blouse is gorgeous, and that skirt is awesome. I was sorely tempted to get it last time I went to Forever 21, but I was broke, so I didn't haha.
    Ultimately, a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love maxi dresses, and this black and white combo is great! Hope your day got better!!

    Cassie
    http://stylecassentials.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feeling much, much better lately! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice outfit! I really like the crochet detail on your top, and of course that skirt is fab. You look gorgeous, and I'm glad your day got better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your day got better! Love that skirt, the split is a lovely detail.

    ReplyDelete