Monday, March 22, 2010

ootd and floral appliques

It's warm again! Hurrah! As I remind my boyfriend when he teases me for always being cold, I spent the first eighteen years of my life exclusively in a tropical climate. So the return of sunshine to campus is much, much appreciated. This weekend was cheery and sunny (except for the latter end of yesterday, during which I began referring to said boyfriend as "Noah"), so I wanted to wear something with a soft, cheery palette. Here's what I came up with.









I swear I don't actually have feet that turn inwwards... I turn my feet like that when I'm trying to be cute. I have no idea why.


Top: Some random shop in the Anderson mall, I forget what it was called, 2X, $3
Jeans: Wal-Mart, 16, $9
Cognac cut-out flats: Payless (eons ago), 9, I can't remember how much I paid for them
Earrings: Apt 9, Kohls, $2



I thought this was pretty awesome... these tops are almost identical to the one I was wearing at Kohls (and in these shots). Except mine was $3.


I just don't know how people afford so much money on clothes. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but as much as I love clothes, I have a hard time justifying that much money on one item. Maybe it's a symptom of having a thrifting gene, I don't know.

For example, found this top that I LOVE LOVE LOVE at Kohls... but it's $25 on sale. So unless it magically drops to the $10 region, I'll be passing.

I've been seeing a lot of floral appliques on... well, everything, lately. I wandered into Charlotte Russe yesterday, despite the fact that nothing from there will probably ever fit me. But I'm a big proponent of TRY TRY TRY! so there I went. I didn't find anything that particularly appealed to me, but I did see a lot of the floral appliques I mentioned.


Here are a few screencaps from CR's website, with links through if anyone's interested in teensy clothes. ;D







Anyway, the point is that I spent some time pulling, prodding, and peeking at these... and I think with some ribbon, netting, and a bit of patience, I can add some similar detailing to some otherwise boring tops just sitting around in my room. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment