Monday, July 8, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Favorite Color (Orange!)

Happy Marvelous Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! My older brother was visiting us for the weekend, and we had a blast. We went and saw the Lone Ranger, which was pretty good. I didn't think it was awesome awesome, but I still enjoyed myself. :)

If you're new to the blog, here's the idea behind Marvelous Monday:
"Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!"

There are currently 5 of us participating in the challenges, so make sure to check out the other ladies' looks! I've posted links at the bottom of this entry for your perusal.

This week the theme was "your favorite color." I loved this challenge, but it was actually tough for me-- because my favorite color is bright, retina-burning orange! I don't have too many pieces in that shade (especially that are wearable in the heat we've been having). Then I remembered this great vintage bag I've had for a few years. I found it in a thrift shop while I was in college, and it was love at first sight.





coral bird print dress, ross. cropped denim jacket, lane bryant outlet. nude wedges, chinese laundry c/o ross. orange bag, thrifted.





Don't forget to check out these lovely ladies!

Cheri at Cheri'z Angel and Style Luvin
Jocelyn at Fat, Fashionable, and Feminist
Sarah at The Ridiculous Sort
Sian at Sort Life Out, Buy Milk

5 comments:

  1. Those heels and that bag. Oh, I like them a lot. Orange is an amazingly uplifting colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I totally agree! That's why it's my favorite. :)

      Delete
  2. That bag! What a stellar find, like whoa.
    I also really love the print of your dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is amazing, I always think vintage bags just have something special about them. Gorgeous heels and dress too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this outfit, you look great!

    ReplyDelete